The harmonisation of work health and safety (WHS) laws across Australia aims to provide a consistent, national approach to workplace health and safety. Church organisations need to be aware of the impact the new WHS laws will have on their workplace and understand their new obligations.
These workshops have been developed to educate clients and help them manage their obligations under the WHS laws. Due diligence requirements will be a key focus and participants will complete a workbook to evaluate how well their workplace currently conforms.
Download the WHS Due Diligence workshop flyer.
|By the end of the sessions participants should:|
- Understand the key obligations under WHS laws
- Appreciate what these changes mean for Catholic entities
- Be aware of the primary duties of a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) and an Officer
- Be armed with practical ways to meet due diligence requirements
- Be able to identify common hazards and risks associated with their operations
- Be able to apply processes to eliminate or minimise health and safety risks.
*Workshops are available to all archdioceses, dioceses and congregations, subject to selection and funding criteria.