It would be impossible to completely eliminate risk on a school camp or excursion. Instead, the goal is to strike a balance between acceptable risks, those with clear educational benefits which may be managed or controlled through risk management, and unacceptable risks.
This workshop, has been designed to help clients working in Church schools and colleges better understand and manage the risks associated with school camps and excursions.
- Welcome, introductions and objectives
- Obligations under workplace health and safety legislation
- Duty of care
- Policies and planning
- How to complete a risk assessment
- How to develop a risk treatment plan
Download the School Camps and Excursions workshop flyer.
- Understand your key obligations
- Be able to identify common hazards and risks
- Learn strategies to eliminate or minimise risk
- Better understand the litigation process
- Know what to do in the event of a claim
- Be able to complete a risk assessment and develop a risk treatment plan