This course gives Health & Safety committee members working in Catholic organisations an overview of important aspects of Work Health and Safety (WHS) to grow their knowledge and skills. This is an opportunity to gain a wealth of practical knowledge and Catholic-related industry experience from those in the know.
You should attend this session if you're interested in key work health and safety laws, what it means to be on a WHS Committee and to network and brainstorm ideas with other Catholic organisations' WHS Committee members and facilitators.
|Topics covered include:|
- How groups can function more effectively
- How committees can achieve better outcomes
- Introduction to CCI risksupport Services
- WHS legislation review: duty holders' roles and responsibilities, consultation requirements and
- Role of the HSC in your workplace: Who, what, when where, how
- The effective HSC: effective consultation, documentation, effective meetings, key chairing
skills, solution focused meeting process and problem solving
- Continuous improvement: monitoring and measuring HSC performance, promoting HSC achievements
On completing the course participants will be able to:
- List and describe WHS legislative responsibilities of key duty holders
- Describe the legislative requirements for consultation and role of the HSC
- Locate and use relevant tools for HSC documentation
- List and demonstrate key steps in a solution focused, problem solving meeting process
- Identify and apply strategies for developing, implementing and evaluating an effective HSC in the workplace.
This course is theory based, however, it is supported by case studies and group work, which help participants learn.
Course certification & assessment
This course is non-competency based and has no formal assessment. A certificate of attendance will be issued to those who attend and participate in all relevant activities on completion of the course.
Who should attend
All members of WHS committees.
Course numbers will be limited to promote an interactive and collaborative learning experience.
Why do this training with CCI risksupport?
Our risksupport team is dedicated to helping you manage your risks and meet your legal obligations. As the largest insurer of Catholic organisations, no one understands your risks the way we do.
We've designed this and other courses to educate you, and most importantly, to help you protect the health and safety of all those associated with the work you do.
Download the NSW WHS Committee 1 day course flyer.