This course provides Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) working in Catholic organisations an opportunity to refresh their workplace health and safety skills, ensure standards are met and laws followed since undertaking the 5 day course.
|Topics covered include:|
- Understanding the WHS legislation
- How the legislation applies to the role of the HSR
- Additional knowledge and skills regarding powers and functions under the NSW Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation
Participants will learn about:
- The WHS Act 2011 (NSW) legislative framework
- The role and functions of WorkCover NSW and their interaction with HSRs
- Duties and responsibilities of PCBUs, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation
- The nature of the consultation process with workers as required of the primary PCBU by the WHS Act 2011 (NSW)
- The purpose and formation of a workgroup (or workgroups) within the workplace
- Election process for HSRs / Deputy HSRs and disqualification provisions
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- The entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR/Deputy HSR
- Using negotiation, communication and problem solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a work group and to resolve WHS issues
- Risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- How HSRs can use their functions and powers to contribute to risk management activities in the workplace
- Provisional Improvement Notices and the right to cease, or direct the cessation of, unsafe work.
Course certification & assessment
This course is non-competency based and has no formal assessment. A certificate of attendance will be issued to those who attend and participate in all relevant activities on completion of the course.
Who should attend
All HSRs/ Deputy HSRs elected under the WHS Act 2011 (NSW) who have completed the approved initial 5 day course.
Course numbers will be limited to promote an interactive and collaborative learning experience.
Download the NSW WHS Representative 1 day Refresher course flyer.
Why do this training with CCI risksupport?
Our risksupport team is dedicated to helping you manage your risks and meet your legal obligations. As the largest insurer of Catholic organisations, no one understands your risks the way we do.
We've designed this and other courses to educate you, and most importantly, to help you protect the health and safety of all those associated with the work you do.