Split 3 Days / 2 Days
This course gives Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) within Catholic organisations the skills required to promote workplace health and safety, and to ensure standards are met and laws followed.
The course meets the requirements for elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs under the
and Safety Act 2011 (NSW).
|Topics covered include:|
- The NSW WHS legislation and supporting materials
- WorkCover NSW role and enforcement measures
- Requirements for consultation on work health and safety (WHS) issues and workgroups
- Effective consultation
- Requirements, functions and powers of a HSR
- Managing risks
- Role of the Health and Safety Committee (HSC) and other arrangements
- Workplace inspections
- Issue resolution and negotiation skills
- Provisional Improvement Notices
- Requirements for directing unsafe work to cease.
The course is intended to assist HSRs to gain an understanding of the management of work health and safety under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation and their role and entitlements.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the WHS framework; the structure, purpose and key provisions of the
Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) and the role of the Regulator
- Explain how the WHS legislation applies to their role as elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs for their workgroup
- Demonstrate and describe the skills necessary to use their new powers under the WHS legislation in helping resolve work health and safety issues, issuing Provisional Improvement Notices and directing unsafe work to cease.
Course certification & assessment
This course is non-competency based and has no formal assessment. A certificate of attendance will be issued to those who attend and participate in all relevant activities on completion of the course.
Who should attend
Elected HSRs and elected Deputy HSRs under the
WHS Act 2011 (NSW) who have requested approved training.
Course numbers will be limited to promote an interactive and collaborative learning experience.
Download the NSW WHS Representative 5 day Initial course flyer.
Why do this training with CCI risksupport?
Our risksupport team is dedicated to helping you manage your risks and meet your legal obligations. As the largest insurer of Catholic organisations, no one understands your risks the way we do.
We've designed this and other courses to educate you, and most importantly, to help you protect the health and safety of all those associated with the work you do.